Facebook Messenger for Android offers many alluring features that make the users engrossed in it. Audio clips, images, videos and customized large emojis can be sent through the messenger. There is also a feature that allows the users to send money via the service it offers. This app has enormous stickers that appear in the forms of cute, tiny, and high-quality images. If you download the app only to experience the hyped fun, rather than the messaging core feature, you can make use of the VoIP calls or video chat features. The voice call feature allows us to have the conversation in a group.
Furthermore, Facebook has put privacy as the main concerns. That is why the developers created Secret Conversation mode in order to respect the privacy of its users. You can set the mode from the setting and choose one phone to be the default. This feature is called secret conversation as it is encrypted end-to-end. That is to mean, the users can only read on the device they have chosen to send and receive the messages. Either Facebook or legitimate authorities are not able to the messages. Secret modes are activated by being encrypted using the open-source signal protocol. This is what make the messages can only be read by the recipients when using the secret conversation mood.
In the normal mode of messaging, it is encrypted to prevent the interception with the encryption keys. With that said, the messages can still be read by Facebook or legitimate authorities with a court order. Here are the pros and cons of this app.
- It is a free app.
- Your privacy is safe.
- Fun app.
- There are too many trivial additional built-in apps.
How to Use
It does not require much procedures and explanations to get started. You do not need to make and have a Facebook account to use this messenger. Basically, it only takes your mobile phone numbers. When it comes to the setup, you will be asked to enter your mobile phone numbers and give permission to access your contacts. The setup does not consume so much time. If you already have a Facebook account, simply start the setup by logging in to your existing account. When the required process is done, you are already logged in to the app and ready to use it. All the messages and the contacts will automatically be transferred after confirmation.
- Now you can see your call history and missed calls all in one place.
With this Chrome extension you get a button especially for opening Facebook Messenger – whether you want that is another question.
Now you can do something you could already do!
“Now you can use Facebook Messenger from Google Chrome!” Says the description of this popular Chrome extension. Let’s get this out of the way – you have always been able to do that, in all browsers, on the Facebook website.
This Facebook Messenger extension adds a button to the browser, which opens a new window when clicked.
In this window you’ll see all your messages, and can reply to them just like on the site. You must be logged into Facebook through Chrome to use it – so if you are on the website and log out, you will no longer get messenger notifications with this extension.
Only for the easily distracted
Facebook Messenger extension for Chrome works, but begs the question “why?” There are no reasons to use it. It uses system resources, making Chrome just that little bit slower, and adds a button to Chrome, taking up space. If you could be logged into the extension without being logged into the website, this might be justifiable, but as it stands it is totally redundant. Everything this extension does is done better and more conveniently through the website. The only advantage of it is you can avoid the many possible distractions Facebook has to offer (except your messages, obviously).
A waste of browser space
This Facebook Messenger extension for Chrome works fine, but it’s pretty pointless!
* SEND A MESSAGE -Skip exchanging phone numbers, just send a message. It’s seamless across devices.
* SHOW YOUR REACTION – Add a silly sticker, send a dancing GIF and use emojis to express yourself better.
* SHARE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS – Capture the moment with the Messenger Camera, add a filter or doodle, then send to friends or share to Stories.
* RALLY THE GROUP – Make plans to get together with polls, share your location, split the bill and more.
* HOP ON A CALL OR VIDEO CHAT – Hang out anywhere, anytime by getting on call or a group video** chat — filters optional 🙂 **Calls are free over Wi-Fi but otherwise standard data charges apply.
* SEND A VOICE MESSAGE – When text just won’t cut it, just hit record and send say, sing or shout it out loud.
* SEND MONEY SECURELY AND EASILY (within US, UK and France only) – Send and receive money from friends in the app by adding your debit card or PayPal* account. *PayPal available in the US only.
* SHARE YOUR LOCATION – Suggest a meeting spot or tell friends where you are by sharing your location with just a few taps.
* CHAT WITH BUSINESSES – Easily connect with your favorite businesses to make reservations, get customer support, find deals and more.
* PLAY GAMES WITH FRIENDS – Challenge friends, climb leaderboards, and discover your next gaming obsession.